Summer's just around the corner, so you need the perfect idea for an appetizer for those summer even gatherings in the back garden.
If you like artichokes, you'll love this recipe for artichokes with butter and garlic mayonnaise.
Prepare the artichokes
- Remove the stem and cut off the top 1/3 or 1/4 of each artichoke
- Using kitchen shears or sturdy scissors‚ snip the top pointed tips off of the remaining leaves
- Have a large bowl of cool water with 1/4 cup of lemon juice ready to put the prepared artichokes in to ensure they won’t brown before cooking
- Fill a pot 1/2 full of water‚ add sliced lemons‚ garlic‚ salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Place the artichokes in boiling water‚ cover‚ and allow to boil for approximately 20–25 minutes
- The artichokes will be done when a fork is easily inserted into the center
- Remove the choke (center of artichoke) before serving
Prepare the sauce
- Whilst the artichokes are cooking‚ prepare the butter sauce by simply melting butter in the microwave
- Refrigerate until ready to serve with butter sauce
- Dollop the garlic mayonnaise into a pot or plate