We all love a burger don't we? Whether it's beef burgers or chicken burgers they are just the best.
Here's our recipe for chicken burgers accompanied by Blue Cheese Mayonnaise - perfect for those summer BBQs, they are packed with flavour and are absolutely mouthwatering.
- 4 wholegrain rolls
- 500g skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- Salad leaves to garnish
- 6 streaky bacon rashers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped tarragon
- 50 g wholegrain breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Prepare the sauce
- Mix the blue cheese mayonnaise with the chives, and refrigerate
- Cut the chicken thighs and 2 streaky bacon rashers into pieces, and then blend in a food processor until coarsely chopped
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and shallot and cook for 1–2 minutes until softened
- Cool and add to the chicken mixture, along with the tarragon and breadcrumbs. Season and mix well
- Divide into 4 and, working with floured hands, shape into burgers
- Grill the remaining 4 streaky bacon rashers over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes until crisp, and barbecue or grill the burgers over a medium heat for about 15 minutes, turning once, until tender and cooked through
- Toast 4 wholegrain rolls on the barbecue or under the grill
- Arrange salad leaves on one half of each bun
- Top with a cooked chicken burger, a spoonful of blue cheese mayonnaise and a bacon rasher, and the other half of the bun
- Add enjoy!